Is this whole Twilight thing for the younger set?

Is there anyone out there over say, 30 that is into this? I'm not sure if I should check it out, or not bother...

I heard from a friend that the book was good, but the movie was horrendous, true/false?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• I'm in my 30's. Read the books first. Once you start the first one, you won't be able to stop. Once you've read all the books... then see the movie. I don't love the movie, but I do appreciate it for what it is.
    MimiPDX

Answer by MimiPDX at 3:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I bought Twilight, because I was sooo surprised by it. I didn't think it was going to be good, but I really liked it. Anyways, I let my mom borrow it to watch, and she loved it! She went out and bought the book to read as well! I did not read the book, but the movie was good. There were some parts that were kind of corney..but it was still good! Go for it!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My sister is 35 and she liked it. My mom liked the movie. I'm not a teen, and I loved it all!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well I am 37. I liked both the movie and the books. I even liked the Twilight soundtrack. I just think it is a great love story. It all depends on your tastes in books and movies.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 11:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Im 20-hated the movie LOOOOOOOOOVED the books. My mom and aunts cried after reading the last book...it is THAT good.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm 31 and I think the movie was decent but I absolutely love the books. Its a great love story. I don't think its just for teenagers. In fact all of my friends that have read it have loved it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm 33 and have read the books, but as for being "into it" like some people - no. They were very entertaining books and the movie was just OK. I actually wasn't going to read them because of all the mania out there, but I did. I wasn't disappointed. My sister says that Stephenie Meyers other book, The Host, is geared more towards adults and is very good also. I haven't been able to read that yet.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with the posters above^^^^
    The books were wonderful, and much more descriptive. For time's sake, they had to leave a lot out of the first movie...and I'm hoping they'll put more in New Moon. The relationship that develops in the book is so deep. (I won't say more, because I don't want to ruin it for you.)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm 40 and, I completely enjoyed Robert Pattinson & oh.. the movie! My dd and I saw it together. I went out and bought the 1st book. I haven't had time to pick it up yet. We're both looking forward to New Moon too!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 1:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My in-laws read and enjoyed the book, they thought the movie was good. They are like my husband and I and consider the book/movie good but not great, they were fine for pre-teen books and story, but not up there with some of the other good adult reads if you're a heavy reader. Still not bad to read either and you may enjoy them as my in-laws, husband and I have. I say check out the first book at your local library and see if you like it.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009