Older girls trying to befriend my daughter... Advice please.

I have a 9 yr old dd who tries her darndest to act older than she is, but otherwise is a good kid. Just your typical 9 yr old girl. My dd has tons of neighborhood friends that come over & ask if she can come out to play. We have a park at the end of our block where they all hang out together. But last wknd, these 2 girls came to the door asking for my daughter. One didnt look very old but the other.. well lets just say she definitely didnt look my daughter's age. She had huge breasts & just looked really mature. So I asked her, "how old are you" she replied "13" & i asked the other girl who also said she was 13 yrs old. I had mixed feelings about my dd hanging out w/them but i askd them what they were planning to do. They said they were not allowed to go to the park so they were jus going to sit at the end of the block & "chill & talk". I told them she couldnt come out & sent them away. Fellow mamas, what do you think of this?

Lextacy

Asked by Lextacy at 11:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think you did the right thing. Your mom radar was on for a reason. Maybe next time have them sit in the front yard and chant........they'll think you're being nice, your dd will think you are allowing her growth and plus YOU CAN SPY!!!!
    Raquel274

Answer by Raquel274 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Trust your child & make sure u guys talk & get a understanding u should b fine
    envywild

Answer by envywild at 12:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think I would have questioned it too. older girls draw older boys, not a good scence for a 9 yr old.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009