how important is sex in a relationship?

me and my SO have been dating for a few months now and have only had sex once. not because we never want to, but because we really never have the chance to. we live a half hour away from eachother and we both live with our parents. he comes over a few times during the week but obviously we can't get intimate because my son is here. and his parents are always home when i go to his house. so my question is how important do you guys think sex is in a relationship? and how can i make time for just me and him to be alone when everyone is always around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not as important as open, honest communication. Though you will get a lot of responses here stating that it is vital to a relationship. It's not. My DH and I have been married for 13 years and have sex maybe 3-4 times a year. But we talk all the time. We have a great relationship, despite our lack of sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• How old are you?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• im 20
    Anonymous

• It is important but not a deal breaker. The most fulfilling relationships are based on communication, friendship and honesty. Sex is just an added bonus. I could go the rest of my life not having sex with my husband and I'd be just as happy and in love with him.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 12:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• In a marriage where you live together and are around each other mostly with kids, work, typical relationship problems, then sex is important because it shows intimacy and closeness, and it's also a great stress reliever. In a long distance relationship. I don't really think it is, with the exception that being in that position could make someone vulnerable to cheat.
    Anonymous

• First thing to worry about ( besides sex) is BOTH of you being financially able to take care of yourselves. If you were to get Pregnant would this Man be able to support you and your child? He is still living with his parents which sends up a "red flag". He needs to take the time to work on "him" and you on you..
    Anonymous

• holy shit! 3 or 4 times a year?? i would die
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You are just dating so it is not something that is important. Inside marriage it is important.
    Anonymous

• I think it really depends on the persons in the situation. When Husband & I have not "connected" in some time, I can feel it. Does that make sense? Not that we are having any problems because of the lack, but I just NEED that connection with him. It's so much nicer when we have it regularly...but like someone said farther up...it is DEFIANTLY not a deal breaker with us. But, for some it could be.

I think, OP, only you and your guy can answer this question for your own relationship. BUT, if your relationship grows, and you get married, get your own place...it will be a little easier to steal away for some intimate moments between the two of you!

Can you have your parents babysit your son so you and boyfriend can have a date night?? Intimacy comes in many forms, just not sex...like someone above said it is important to have good communication. That would be considered intimacy as well.
    momneedscoffee

Answer by momneedscoffee at 2:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I know sex is not as important to some women but for me it is because I am a very sexual person. I like sex every other day if not more. I love the closeness it brings to me and my fionce and its so much fun!!! Communication is important also...Trust, communication, and sex are all VERY important to me in a relationship
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009