A biting baby...

My 11 month old has got 7 teeth already, and i think is cutting some of her back teeth because she is constantly chewing on things in the back of ther mouth. But she is also biting people. Mostly me. And those little chompers are like razor blades. Anyways i hear mixed things on what to do. I hear just tell them know and be firm, and i have even heard oh the only way to stop a biting baby is to bit them back. I was like what, i can't bite my baby. I am not sure if the person was being serious or not. They just sort of snickered and nothing else was said. So what do you really do about a biting baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried using ambesol? She is probably biting because her mouth hurts. Biting her back at this age is unreasonable. If she is older and still biting it may be an option, but she wouldn't understand what you are doing at this age. Try giving her something for her teething pain.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I give her the teething tablets and tylenol. Can an 11 month have ambesol? We tried the orajgel earlier on and it didn't seem to help at all.
    Anonymous

• freeze some damp washclothes for her to gnaw on. when she bite you say NO BITING very firmly; she will get the message.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• that's funny...the more I say no and yes it's firmlly the harder she laughs and giggle at me. Shes 9 months old and alittle stinker. when you find an answer lemme know...I have tried all the suggestions and it doesn't work. she does like a damp washcloth but that doesn't stop her from biting me...if it's for teething, i like Hylands teething tabs. and my DD has also recently started chewing on her back gums too..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009