DO YOU THINK COSMETOLOGY IS A GOOD CARRER?

WOULD I MAKE GOOD MONEY AND LIVE COMFORTABLY? IM STARTING COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL TODAY IM REALLY EXCITED BUT IM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ON WEATHER I MAKE GOOD MONEY AND LIVE OF THIS CARRER FOR MANY YEARS ..

_LAMORENA_

Asked by _LAMORENA_ at 12:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well, look at it this way. A TON of people get their hair professionally cut, styled, and colored. Most people get professionals to perm their hair. Only a professional can do acrylic or gel manicures. etc etc etc. It's a popular business.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think it would be the perfect career for some one like you.

Anonymous

• my daughter is a cosmopologist(hair dresser)in the boston suburbs and i tell you she makes a small fortune.but you have to be good and the biggest thing i can say to you is you have to learn to keep a secret.she says clients come in and out and all talk about each other.she never says a word.but ya she just got a apt in boston with a friend and owns her own car a zion (ok its a car)she is 24.she has been to new york to learn about the new products, i say go for it...yes i am very proud of her.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I go to School for it. I also wondered the same thing. I have family that is in the biz but they have retired. They always made good money. I love doing hair it is so good to see someone smile when you make yhem look good. If you love doing hair then this is smething for you. You can also get help on the internet for tips and techniques. I do all the time.It is not hard it just takes practice. I've been in it for a year ( in florida you are required 14 months). I am not done yet But I learned how to with in months. Plus if you find another career then you can do this as side money. If you need tips just contact me! GOOD LUCK I WISH YOU THE BEST!!!!!
    shainnia

Answer by shainnia at 1:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• wow anon that was a douchebag comment. anyway,...only about half of the cosmetologist that complete school will still be doing hair in 5 years. this career has a high turn over rate. ive been doing hair for 4 years and i love it. there is money to be made, but you have to work for it.!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• im a cosmetologist and i love it. it just has to be something you love and youll be happy. its really flexible like if youd ever get in the position to be a stay at home mom you could still work at home or part time or whenever. and it depends on where you live and the demand for more stylists. but the schooling doesnt take long so if you dont like it in a couple of years you can go for something else and still work.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 11:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I loooove doing hair. I never once questioned it. I cant wait to open up my own salon and make some big bucks. lol!
    valerielehne

Answer by valerielehne at 12:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• no. every hair dresser I've ever encountered is probably the most insecure spiteful person on the planet. these ladies take it as far as to destroy women hair because they are prettier than they are. you are opening yourself up to a world of rumors, whose better than who and competition. If your ready for all that high school drama then by all means but don't think you are going to walk out with a pocketful of money because you wont.
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 1:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2009