my 13 yr old sisters pregnant, How do I get her to tell my mom?

My 13 yr old sister confided in me that shes four months pregnant. But shes hiding it from our Mom, I think because when I got pregnant our Mom kicked me out at 15 Because I refused to get an abortion. She had me take her to the one appointment her boyfriend couldnt take her to, but she has been going to all her appointments, and plans to keep the baby. She says she is just waiting till they have enough money in two more months to get there own place. Her boyfriends 18 which yes bothers me. I just want her to tell my mom already, but i see her side since our Moms rule is "grown up enough to have a kid, grown up enough to not live here".

teenmom2twins

Asked by teenmom2twins at 12:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Your sister needs to call the national child abuse hotline and explain to them what is happening, or sweetie you call them. Or use the computer and look up the website for your county and states WIC, or state aid...someone to help. She is a child and cannot legally be on her own. i am sorry this is happening and wish you and your sister the best. BTW...her boyfriend needs to go to jail.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No offense, but what in the world is your mom doing? Because I can guess one thing she ISN'T doing.
    Anonymous

• My mother gave them permission to date and even let this guy spend the night so I doubt she will press charges, and its not like that true they shouldnt be dating but the met at highschool he was a sr and she was a freshman. He just graduate last week. and turned 18 on the weekend hes not a creepy guy with a van lol .
    teenmom2twins

Answer by teenmom2twins at 12:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think her mom is just as guilty. If she tried to make the OP get an abortion it already says she expects her children not to get pregnant, but she's not doing one thing to actually prevent it from happening in the first place. She shouldn't be letting her 13yo be with an 18yo, and she should have definitely learned from her experience with you getting pregnant at a young age NOT to over-look her other daughter and the possibility of her getting pregnant. You'd think she'd take more responsibility with her younger child after she's done been through it with her older child. and OP I am not directing any of this toward you, I'm just saying, if she was so against you keeping your babies, then she probably will with her other daughter too, but she's not doing anything to prevent it. 13yo's are too young to make those decisions, and that's what parents are for.
    Anonymous

• If she's letting him spend the night, I'm sure she knows they are doing something. IMO it's her fault and she shouldn't get mad at her daughter for it, but at herself.
    Anonymous

• dont worry i dont think you are targeting me, and I aggree myine kids werent planned I was on the depo shot... oppps didnt work. but my sister and this guy i think may have done the purposly by how lacking they are in stress. I mean I was in shock and freaked for two months after I found out when i was already four months along
    teenmom2twins

Answer by teenmom2twins at 12:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• thats how i see it she let this guy spend the night.. my boyfriend didnt spend the night and i got pregnant so WTH? did she think would happen
    teenmom2twins

Answer by teenmom2twins at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Can you take her in if your mom throws her out? If they are planning on moving in together in two months AND SHE IS GETTING PRENATAL CARE, then I would wait to tell your mom. If she is not getting prenatal care, tell your mom, take her in when she gets thrown out, and get her prenatal care. At 13 and pregnant, she qualifies for medicaid if she has no insurance. You can help her with that by filing and emergency custody request and getting help from social services.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Your sister is going to have a very very hard life honey. If you cant take her in she will nOT qualify for any social services because she is still a child. If she calls for help they will prolly put her iin foster care and the baby with her(together tho in a young womens/preg home) glad the guy is not creepy, but honestly if he went along with a plan for her to get preg...he is still a creep. I am really sorry for your family hon, your sister just really really messed up her life and hopefully not her babys. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well giving them permission to date and have sleep overs is giving them permission to have sex. WTH was she thinking. Then to get bent out of shape when she gets pregnant? How are you going to kick out a 13 yr old pregnant girl. This is something CPS should be brought in on. Why tell your mom if this is the kind of person she is? You need to get her some help on a higher level. What about the boys parents, what do they say? WTH is a 18 yr old having sex with a 13 yr old? I think the law may get involved if you are not careful. Your mom does not sound like the kind of mother I would confide in either. Support her and get her help where you can.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009