Can you dialate a little without losing your mucus plug?

My doc said in these last few weeks she will be checking me for dialation and will probably notice a little at each appointment. She also said when this happens I will probably notice the loss of some of my mucus plug.

Can you dialate WITHOUT losing your mucus plug at first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure. But alot of people dont notice that they are loosing it because it comes out just a little bit at a time.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think it is possible because i was always looking for it when i was close to time with my daughter and i was 3cm before i lost my plug and went into labor.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes. I have never seen mine and when I went into labor I was like 3 cm. I was just talking about this yesterday with my dad and step mom. My dad said he saw my mom's come out when they broke her water with one of us (my parents have 4 daughters). My step mom said she saw part of hers with her second, nothing with her first.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009