I put my 26 months old on potty every hr n she would still pee in diaper...so am i crazy for waiting till shes like30-33 mos n just tryin the panties method where i put her in panties n clean up the pee!? I tried n tried with my current three yr old n only thing that worked was panties n within month she was day trained. Should I wait or continue to waste diapers bc she pees in them after goingo n potty every hr?

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you could try the regular panties now. try it for like a week and if that doesnt seem to be working then maybe you should wait until she's ready.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No your not carzy for waiting. My daughter Turned 2 in January and Im still waiting til she is closer to 3. I want her to understand and be able to talk to me. Plus I dont want to force it on her.Im just not that kinda mom who puts the kid in undies and lets them pee all over the place "UNTIL" they get it. Do as you please though and what will work for you.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My daughter seemed ready to potty train (she can't talk btw) so I put her in panties. If I put a diaper on her she pees in it. If I put her in panties, she has occasional accidents but for the most part she does really well. She turns two today.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• try taking her to the potty every 30mins....also, get some rubber panties to put over the diapers (u wont have to change shorts and clean up pee spots or poo leaks)
    doodlemoore812

Answer by doodlemoore812 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't use diapers during the day if you're potty training. It's sends a very confusing message, of course she's still peeing in them! Go off the diapers, stay home for a few days with the potty close, and move her to the potty if she starts to go. She'll work it out in a few days.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• if you want her trained you have to ditch the diapers my rule is stay home for a week and take them every 30 mins no matter what and make them sit for 5 and if they dont go pee i take them back 10 mins later sit em down again keep doing this tell the pee in the potty then go another 30 mins after that pee and take them again try the pantie thing and maybe keep her shorts off tell she gets the hang of it and just let her run around in her underware so its easier for her good luck i hate potty training
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 3:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i think i mite wait couple months...till shes maybe 30 months ...crazii maybe but than my little ones(VERY CLOSE IN AGE) will be 19mos n maybe she will pick sumthin up? i will put them both on potty n maybe the littlest one will pick it up? make any sense to wait in ur opinions? than i no my currently 25 mo old will be speakin more n wat not....i mean i have a 38 mo as well n she is day trained now for most part so i mean it takes time i no that...i dont wanna rush her n have her regress like her slightly older sister did at first lol.
    Anonymous

• i accidently hit anonymous lol ...its me the poster that wrote that last one
    MamaOf3Girls09

Answer by MamaOf3Girls09 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009