DO YOU THINK COSMETOLOGY IS A GOOD CARRIER?

WOULD I MAKE GOOD MONEY AND LIVE COMFORTABLY? IM STARTING COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL TODAY IM REALLY EXCITED BUT IM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ON WEATHER I MAKE GOOD MONEY AND LIVE OF THIS CARRIER FOR MANY YEARS ..

_LAMORENA_

Asked by _LAMORENA_ at 12:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• depends on where you will work and the city you live in
    i know here in vegas they make good money but in CA i have a friend that does that and still has to work a 2nd job
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My initial answer would be no. I have my cosmetology license, and worked in a salon for a few years. Its a lot of waiting and building customers, I got burnt out on the waiting so went back to college. The industry is very competitive and with a salon on every corner it makes it even harder. Good luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think cosmetology is a great career! I worked for two very busy salon's and make great money with it. You will also start building up your clientele and make money that way too. Good luck with starting school. I think that with anything new that we start up we all have second thoughts, but if you feel that this is where you are supposed to be in life go for it. You will do awesome at it! :)
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 2:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• carrier=career and weather=whether fyi
    Anonymous