How to word it...PIOG

I am meeting a woman on Wednesday who wants me to keep her two children ages 2 and 6 weeks. I am charging her 70 a week and i am wondering how I should word the contract. i don't know what to include either in the contract. can someone do a sample contract or give me ideas so her and her childrens best interests are covered as well as mine....I want to protect her children and her rights as a parent. I want to somehow include a guarantee that no abuse will happen.

What would you as a parent want to see in a contract? I want some opinions other than my own.

Thank You in advance.

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• thats a tough one but i would include that there be as much notice as possible about kids not coming to u for the day ( what evr the reason is ) i babysit and 2 days in a row she was a no show and i ended up waiting all morning she called the 2nd night and i was upset for waiting and told her that i will chrage her for a 1/2 day if she does it again its common curtody to at least call that and she knew sun afternoon i wouldnt have her son mon am. also note that boo boos do happen. but u will do the best u can to make things better and let her know about any boo boos. also something regaurding food snacks do u provide or does she. and is there a nap time length. some moms only like there kids to go down for an hour. hmmm trying to think... not sure.. but best of luck, also copy of insurence so if something does happen and u need to talk to a doc u have info.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Anonymous

• Make sure to add in the things she needs to provide sunscreen, snacks, bug spray, etc. In case she needs a last min. sitter what u would charge her for that & how much notice u want. When will u let the kids outside (if its too hot u'll want to stay in or too cold). How to handle taking the kids somewhere (giving her notice getting her permission). Emergency situations how those would be handled & permission to take kids to the ER. Menu how do u plan to feed kids & what. Nap time. Toys do u stay within the kids age group or go out of it b/c if u do go out of age group recommendations then u will need to cover ur own self in case something happens. Well that is all that I can think of at the moment. Good luck :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was going to suggest you find one off the internet that says what you want and then add what you feel is necessary. They have some good sides for contracts. The first poster gave you a link. Sounds like you are really wanting to do this the right way...Good job!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would want to see evidence of liablility insurance and CPR and First Aid certificates

Answer by rkoloms at 2:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009