Who would shoot Army Recruiters in Little Rock, Arkansas?

Little Rock - One person is in custody, and two others have been transported to a local hospital in serious condition following a double-shooting in west Little Rock Monday morning.

Authorities say the incident occurred around 10:00 a.m. at a U.S. Army Recruiting office at 9112 North Rodney Parham Road. According to Lt. Terry Hastings with the Little Rock Police Department, two recruiting officers standing outside the office were hit when the unidentified suspect drove up in a black SUV and began shooting.

The suspect led police on a brief pursuit towards downtown Little Rock. That individual was taken into custody in the area of the Interstate 30/630 interchange.
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0609/627959.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes will Obama speak out on this has he yet? It only took him all of one hour afterwards to speak on Tiller..........Will there be a call for added protection of our recruiting offices?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i think that there was a csi episode like this story here. i wonder if that is where they got the idea from.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• OMG! that is crazy! i live on the airforce base in arkansas but i hadnt heard about it yet. :(
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Probably some anti war loons.
    Anonymous

• Ok so the killing of the abortionist yesturday that alot of prochoicers are blaming most prolifers for and now we have this today is this to blamed on all the anti war left people?
    Anonymous

• Great... my husband is an army recruiter... Now I DO have to worry about him getting shot at...

I wonder if it's not someone who was angry with those recruiters. Maybe they told him he couldn't join for whatever reason.

I'm going to keep an eye on this and I bet the truth will come out.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Maybe it is because someone had a child who was LIED to by the recruiters and subsequently died. Recruiters are notorious liars. I think they are leaches on society. If the government needs soldiers, all they have to do is say, hey how about a job with little pay, horrible working conditions and if you live long enough and serve enough we will let you go and promise you retirement and medical care...oh oops....you really don't get that. (At least not to the level promised.)
    I don't condone the violence, but I understand it.
    Anonymous

----------------------------------------------------------------
    That is a HORRIBLE thing to say. Recruiters get in BIG trouble if they lie. If you knew ANYTHING about the way the military works, you would know that.

How are they leaches on society? They are soldiers too. They are serving.

You would also know that MOST of them don't volunteer to be recruiters. They are selected to do so.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I won't even go into the pay, retirement pay, and the benefits because you obviously have no clue.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry but that really makes me angry. My husband has served 39 months in Iraq in 3 tours. He has served 8 years in the Army and was DA selected for recruiting duty about 3/4 of the way through his last tour in Iraq. He is in NO WAY a leach on society, and he actually loves the Army so it shows when he talks to people, and he does NOT lie. He doesn't have to. The Army is a good paying job with great benefits and a good retirement plan with no risk of lay offs. You get paid as long as you don't get into trouble.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009