Was your second child delivered earlier than your first?

I am pregnant with my second child and excited! I am wondering about the delivery of the baby. My water broke with my first child and she was a week to the day early. The doctor made it sound like this baby might be earlier. Did any of you have your water break with your first and second child and did you deliver earlier with your second than your first?

khloesmom615

Asked by khloesmom615 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you say a week early...do you mean 39 weeks or 36 weeks (?) because a baby is really early unless they are born before 37 weeks and they are not really late unless it's after 42 weeks.

Also many babies in subsaquent pregnancies do tend to come earlier than the first but it's not a guarentee. I've spoke to women who went into labor naturally at 38 weeks with the first and then had a 41 weeker the next time around. All babies and all pregnancies are different.

My friend had her first at 40 weeks, the 2nd at 37 weeks and the 3rd at 42 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I had my daughter at 39 weeks. Thank you for your answer.
    khloesmom615

Answer by khloesmom615 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My water broke with my first at 36 weeks, with my second I went into labor and gave birth to him at 34 weeks.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i had my 1st child at 36 weeks my water broke. my 2nd child is only 16 days old. and i had him 2 days b4 dd..i was in labor all day fri and sat morning i cudnt take it nomore went too hospital and i was 6 cm got my epidural at 8 cm.. thnak god.. hope evrything goes well for u.. i got there at 5 am and he was born 11:56 am
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• o yeah wanted you too know my baby born at 36 wks was 7lbs 6 oz and my new baby which was born may 16..... was 9lbs. big boys.
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My first was on time, my second was 2 days late and my 3rd 2 days late.

Anonymous

• I went into labor naturally with my son at 40 weeks and 3 days. I went into labor with my daughter (baby #2) at 38 weeks. I wondered my whole pregnancy if second babies come early, and everyone told me on average that they did. They were right in my case LOL!
    Hrivera5

Answer by Hrivera5 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• with my first my water broke at 39 weeks, with my second, water broke at 36 weeks after starting to dilate at 32 weeks... with my 3rd and last, water never broke, but started labor at 35 weeks and delivered at 36 weeks...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 1:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I went into labor with my son 4 days before my due date and with my daughter she was 2 days past her due date, my doctor swore i would have her early but no such luck there lol.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009