Why is my 2 year old STILL biting!!!!!????

I feel like Ive tried EVERYTHING!! Everytime she is mad or upset she bits someone or something. Ive found that Its only people she is close to (mommy, daddy and her cousing-- only on her dads side) Maybe its because she is comfortable with us? I don't know what to do!! Ive been thinking about putting her in daycare lately (I want her to have more structure.. not just a babysitter) and Im horrified!!

MommaMae55

Asked by MommaMae55 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what have you tried and what were the consequences for the biting when she did bite?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Gosh Ive tried everything. "NO, NO" and time out. I have swotted her butt a couple times (which dosent phase her AT ALL). I dont agree with the whole "biting her back" thing. Ive had numerous people tell me that it was the biting back thing that made their kids stop but to me thats just making it okay to bite? Im hoping it is just a phase that will eventually pass. I know they can't understand how to deal with their anger right now...
    MommaMae55

Answer by MommaMae55 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Phase that'll pass, if you've tried everything...Hang in there!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 2:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009