What exactly can my 9 month old eat?

I don't remember what I fed my toddler when he was this age. We ran out of formula for him, and I won't be able to get any until hopefully this afternoon. And my WIC doesn't kick in until the 4th. He had some cereal made with water this morning, But what can I give him instead of a bottle?

MelindaFeeney

Asked by MelindaFeeney at 12:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was eating table foods at 9 months... if he is good at chewing things give him anything soft you have around the house... soft cooked fruits and veges, banana's, cooked noodles, potatoes, bread, crackers, rice
    I would give him some water if he's thristy
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with the above post, anything that's soft really, make some pasta with a little tomato sauce and whiz it up in the blender until it's pureed, and *poof* there you go, homemade baby food. Just give baby some water for a quenching thirst (warm it a little) and he should be fine =)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• you are nit supposed to give a baby milk before a year old but since you dont have formula you could give him some. it has less nutrition than formula but it would be a better supplement than water. (so long as he can handle dairy, most formulas are)
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Don't give him regular milk. It's not just a question of not having the nutrition of formula... his digestive system cannot handle it yet! It can cause his stomach lining to bleed, and that's assuming he's not allergic to a protein in milk that is a common allergen in babies this young. You can mash up a banana... most babies love them and can handle them just fine, and they're not expensive. I'd give a banana, ripe pear, apple sauce, something like that, and a little water so he stays hydrated.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• avocado, baked sweet potato, cooked beans and lentils, any soft fruits (except strawberries and citrus) or cooked and mashed veggies.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• water is not that good, there is no nutrients in it, if my son is thirsty I use formula or 100% juice in his sippy cup.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009