PRAYERS

does anyone know any good prayers or where i can find a book of prayers other than the bible? im cathlic and i really dont pray much but i want to start and i just dont know where to start i know my padre nuestro and hail mary in spanish but thats about it and id like to know more.

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Use The Lord's Prayer as an example. Don't pray that exact prayer, but pray for the things it mentions in there, in your own life.
    Anonymous

• and thats the point i also dont exactly know how to pray or is there even a right way? i feel when i pray im just talking and saynthing thank you and saying please god help me and things like that do you think he hears me or am i praying the wrong way?
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• There is no wrong way to talk to God. Just say whats in your heart. He will hear you just fine.
    Anonymous

• I AGREE WITH THE ANON ABOVE.

Answer by older at 1:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I guess your right i was just hoping to find some sort of guide but thank you very much to all of you
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You can pray to God in any fashion you would like. You can even have a conversation with Him. The Lord's Prayer, as mentioned above, is a good way to start. It's a model prayer to remind us what we need to pray for the most. When we recite a prayer over and over, eventuallly it becomes just words from our mouths, and it's best to pray what's in your heart.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Tehillim (the book of Psalms).

http://www.alljudaica.com/search_results.asp?catid=&skw=tehillim

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009