Does anyone else not sleep with their spouse due to LOUD snoring?

For years I have not slept with my spouse due to his LOUD snoring. No matter what position he is in he will snore. Just curious if anyone else has this problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I still sleep with my dh and his loud snoring but if I wake up in the middle of the night a lot of times I can't get back to sleep. I'll go sleep on the couch and turn the tv on so I can't hear it from our room. Dh would be heartbroken if I slept in a different room every night.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I sleep with my DH but if it wakes me up and i cant get back to sleep then i go to the couch. Or if hes in bed before me and already snooring loud then i just hit the couch. My mom slept on the couch for 14 years because of my dad snoring so loud.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• loud snoring can be an indicator of sleep troubles and/or sleep apnea. He probably really needs to go to a sleep specialist. It'll help his health and improve your relationship!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I haven't slept with my husband in 9 years, and we are still married because of it. If I had to sleep with his snoring butt every night we would kill each other. My husband snores in every position, too. And breath rite strips that are supposed to stop snoring make him snore louder. So I feel your pain.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i am getting married in 2 months and my fiance has sleep apnea and snores so loud and i am a really light sleeper as is my 2 year old son who has always slept in my bed but he gets his own room soon, and i love to sleep with my man but i just cant fall asleep! and i am pregnant so i really need my sleep! lol but i dont want to sleep on the couch. what can i do??
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• He needs to see a doctor and have a sleep study done. Loud snoring can be due to sleep apnea, which can cause serious health risks. My husband snored terriblly; it took me three years to get him to talk to our doctor about it; they send him home early from the sleep study because his oxygen rate dipped so low. He now has a cPap machine, which forces air into his nose and prevents him from stopping breathing.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• He used to but then had a sleep study done and had to have sinus surgery....snoring could be a sign of sleep apnea which is very dangerous if it goes untreated...i would take him to an ENT doctor and find out more about...snoring is just more than annoying. it could be a health hazard.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I started to sleep with earplugs in.And it works.But if the earplugs didn't work, I would go to a different bed too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes, we do. I sleep in the master bedroom and he sleeps on the "guest bed" in the basement because of his LOUD snoring. We are both pretty happy with this solution actually. He is always hot so he likes sleeping in the cool basement.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009