Ok now! Is 13 to young for a girl to be douching?

My little cousin is staying over and I was unpacking her overnight bag ans she has summer's eve in there. I asked her a dumb question and asked if it was hers, of course she says yes. I'm like what the hell you need douche for. Ok my aunt is a fostercare mom and takes care of this child, mind you my aunt is 60 so I don't know if she knows what this girl is doing half the time. I want to talk to her but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 1:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i didn't even know i had a vagina at that age.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yes it's too young and we shouldn't be douching anyway.

Anonymous

• No one should be doucheing. You body naturally cleanses itself and doucheing takes away some of the good stuff and could cause infections. And gyno will tell you. So, 13 is not only too young, but, terribly uneccessary.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• What! Yeah, too young, not to mention unnecessary.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well, no one should douche, its bad for you. It cleans away all the helpful bacteria that is in there fighting the bad bacteria. She shouldn't be using it at all, regardless of her age.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Not good for anyone
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• She gets her period so I'm like maybe she is cleansing. See there are two older girls in the house too and they probably telling her to do this shit.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I know looks doesn't mean anything but she looks like she is about 17 or 18, Ive known her since she was like 9 so its hard to believe she is having sex because she is a sweetheart.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• She needs to be taken to a doctor and have a doctor explain to her why it's unnecessary and probably dangerous. As a foster mom, your aunt may not have a whole lot of say about this.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well I MIGHT talk to her about why she thinks she needs this but I didn't know that douching could be dangerous!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009