Would you buy this truck

Ok, well my SO needs a truck soon he found a 94 nisson truck, it runs fine needs freon and and oil change, $1100, when SO test drove it when he went to stop I herd a squeeking sound, I don't think its normal, but I don't know alot about trucks, Do you think we should buy it or wait three weeks to save the money to buy something else, he needs to move and needs a truck to do that.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• The squeaking could be something simple like the brakes. My dh just fixed the brakes on his truck himself and it cost under $30. It might be worth it to take it to a mechanic and have it looked at. My sd bought a explorer from a car dealership 3 years ago for $6,000 and she just had to have it junked because it would have cost close to $4000 to fix it. Just be careful and it sounds to good to be true maybe it is. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Have a mechanic check it out before you buy.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My brakes on my LIncoln Navigator squeak too. Its so annoying. We replaced the pads and shoes and it still squeaks so we went and got some squeal stop at the auto parts store. I dont know if its going to work, but we have checked the brakes and theres nothing wrong with them. The rotors look good. Have your SO pull off the tire and check it all out or have a mechanic look at it. Nissans are great vehicles and it sounds like $1100 is a decent deal. Trucks can be expensive even if they are older. If it runs well, then a brake issue can be remedied fairly easily. Its the engine and transmission that are so pricey or any type of frame issues. Most of the time, if we are unsure about a vehicle problem, we have my dad or his dad look at it. We hardly ever use mechanics because most problems can be fixed by someone wiling to just go look at the vehicle. Our dads are so handy!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009