will they forward it?

well we are finally getting our tax return but since than we have moved will the post office forward a tax return check?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think they will forward it too much liability. Better get on the phone with the IRS and wait the 7 million hrs on hold and let them know you had a change of address.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• no they'll keep it and buy something cool. if your other mail is forwarded, this would be too. if its returned to the IRS you'll have a delightful delay in payment.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Ooh I hope so hun you have been threw a lot so do you like your new house :)

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 1:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• What if My Refund Was Returned to the IRS by the U.S. Post Office? In most cases, you will be able to update your address on file with the IRS, online, if your refund check is returned to us. Where’s My Refund? will prompt you when the address change feature is available for your situation. If your refund check was returned to us as undeliverable by the U.S. Post Office, your refund information will remain available on Where’s My Refund? throughout the following year until you file tax return for a more current tax year. Take me back to Where's My Refund Home.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=200571,00.html

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 1:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• here is a little info I found not much help though

tlc-mom

• hey tlc. the house is okay not what we were looking for but we will be able to buy soon so we'll get exactly what we want or die trying lol
    the reason i was asking about the return is cuz i was told the post office wont forward federal checks. i dont know.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm so happy you get to pick one out I'm not sure I will google some more k

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 1:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• https://holdmail.usps.com/duns/HoldMail.jsp

can you try and put the mail on hold and get it maybe go to the IRS web site and see what date they mailed it out and ck with the post office after

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 1:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Did you forward your regular mail with the post office? If you don't tell the post office to forward it then they won't know.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Next year get your refund by direct deposit.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009