• In the Spotlight:

Baby bump

I am only 10 weeks pregnant and am showing big time. It's my first pregnancy and I've heard that I shouldn't really be able to see a baby bump until I'm about four months. I was with my friend the other day who is 5 months pregnant and I am just slightly smaller than her. Everyone I see notices I'm pregnant, and I'm just wondering if it's normal at all for me to be showing this early on.

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 1:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone is different, so for you it may be normal to be that big that early. Your friend may be very small for how far a long she is. You may also simply be bloated.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• honestly it is probably gas thats what they told me
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• everyone is different!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was showing noticeably that far along with my first, as well. There's no real "normal" when it comes to pregnancy; every woman is different, and even every pregnancy. I didn't start showing until about 4 months with my second (even though they say it happens earlier with subsequent pregnancies). And how much you're showing doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how big the baby is. So no need to sweat it as long as the doctor says everything is ok. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• thank you all =)
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 2:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009