For pregnant mothers: What excersizes do you do (or did you do while pregnant)? Do you have a specific plan and if so what is it?

I was just starting to get back in shape after my son when I got pregnant again. I know I can't do the same workout I was doing, so does anyone know of a good excersize plan that is safe and effective? Also does it change when you get bigger? I am 17 weeks along.

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 1:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Haha that's a good idea maybe I should just make him leave for an hour a day and lock all the doors.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• unfortunately I didnt get into a serious routine till the 3rd trimester because I was so lazy. but what I did was walk around the track 3 times a week in the morning and I also did prenatal yoga. the yoga is what really helped me survive the contractions!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Walking and swimming. I'm only 10 weeks but I plan on doing both of those throughout pregnancy as long as nothing bad happens. Of course the swimming will stop when it gets cold because my pool is outside but I will keep walking.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Don't do anything lying on your back...like chest presses or leg lifts,crunches..I would find dvds specifically for pregnant women.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Oh yeah bekfish I forgot about swimming...excellent exercise and it won't raise your core temperature.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I did Cathy Smith pregnancy aerobics; you should be able to get a DVD at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You should probably ask the ? "What is/was your favorite exercise DVD for pregnancy ". You might get a better idea of what style you want. Beware there is a lot of unscrupulous marketing to pregnant women. Not everything that has prenatal on it is going to be a well put together work-out.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I should have mentioned I would be too embarrassed to do an excersize DVD because I have a male roomate and only one TV LOL, and I HATE going in pools it grosses me out.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I used tracey mallets pregnancy dvd in my first and the beginning of my second trimester. There are different segments, legs, arms ect. I only did the yoga segment that was awesome for my leg pain and helped me sleep better. I got lazy and stopped doing when my legs stopped hurting. I have just been walking the past couple months.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You can get a portable dvd player with screen ...its like a laptop...they aren't expensive. They are kinda obsolete. You can probably get one real cheap used. I always work out at home...I lock my husband away in the office or bedroom if he's home....I just can't work out in front of him it makes me selfconcious.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009