what do u do to stay postive??!!

im naturally a very negative person.. but im trying to fight my negative emotions off like the plague.. i slowly realizing thaT I have a choice to stop holding on to the things that are holding me down and realize how grateful i should be for the things i have in my life.. for some reason mornings are hard for me and i found that on youtube i can listen to sermons through out the day.. i find that this helping me to rise above my cirumstances and fight to make my internal diagalogue postive.. bc i cant get awy from my thought even if i wanted to... WHAt DO u moms do to help yourself stay postive???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i ignore the bullshit and live in my own little world full of nice things and pleasantries.
    Anonymous

• I always remind myself everything happens for a reason and i wouldn't be the person I am today if it hadn't happen. Today I am having a awful day keeping positive. Days like this I keep busy cleaning, organizing, getting caught up on things. If I am having a bad day, might as well make is as productive as I can.
    Anonymous

• wow you sound just like me I had to learn to let the little things go and love the things in my life and I have to say my relationship is so string with my man now its great here is a nice song for you okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2NQCTtgdY

Anonymous

• I surround myself with other positive people.
    I work with a guy that is very negative, always bitching about anything he can. Drives me insane. It is proven that happy people are healthier and live longer. When he starts I just look at him and smile or crack a joke. Life CAN be fun if you choose to make it that way.
    Being in management, I can tell you that the staff prefers to work for someone that is positive over someone that is gloom and doom, I have staff that have begged not to work for the gloomy managers.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• EVERYDAY YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO SEE THE HALF EMPTY GLASS OR THE HALF FULL ONE, WHY PICK THE HALF EMPTY ONE WHEN THE HALF FULL ONE IS SO MUCH BETTER!

Answer by older at 1:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I used to be very much like you. I even thought going to therapy would help...and it did to a point. But , the older I get...now 42, the more I realize there is nothing and I mean nothing in this world worth freaking out about. With the exception of something horrible like cancer happening to my children, there is nothing I really can't just get through. I think Anne Frank said that all things come to an end, happy times as well as bad times. I keep this thought in mind. Nothing lasts forever, especially this life. So why waste time on bullshit, or things we cannot control or things in the past? Life is too short. If I am feeling really down, I count my blessings or google terrible things women have endured like the great depression of the holocaust and then I realize I have it pretty damn good.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009