Do you get complaints about the food your children get at school?

Only one my kid was complaining about the veggie wraps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I work for a school lunchroom. It's okay food. But it doesn't matter what they serve they don't eat most of it anyways.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The food in the Chicago Public Schools is repulsive; I would never let my child eat it.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Sometimes yes my kids school went to "healthier" lunches a last year.My kids are fine with most of the foods but once in a while they complain about something being "really gross."
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You mean from the kids?? Yes, I do. My 7 yr old says.."mom would you please send me my lunch. That food is nasty and I cant digest it." I thought that was funny that he said that. I did go eat lunch with him one day and I admit....it was kinda nasty. They had steak nuggets (ew), a roll, green peas, and mashed potatoes. It even smelled gross. He prefers the ham sandwiches, carrot sticks, yogurt and chips that I put in his lunch. They cant have PB and J so we are stuck with lunch meat, which I think is gross too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I send their lunches in and yes, I get complaints, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My kids can't stand the school lunches so I started making theirs.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have eaten with my kids at lunch in the past, and some of the food is okay. I wish they had hot lunches that were fresh though, instead of those processed tv dinner looking lunches. They have fruit too and juices on a scale of 1-10 being edible, I'd give them about a 7.

Once in a while they'd get a pizza with burnt edges of cheese on them but overall it's okay and they liked them.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Nope, we go over the lunch menu every month and determine which days she will pack and which she will buy. Her favorite lunch is the deli subs and salad.

Now, my 4 yr old doesn't eat meat. So when she starts the big K next year, I am sure I will get an ear full! LOL...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Mine brings a lunch - not paying $10/wk for what I can make at home for $3/wk. He tries to sneak his way into school lunch when he knows they're having ravioli, but the few times I've given in and let him get school lunch he comes home hungry because he didn't like most of it. It's more about the "idea" of it than the actual food for him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I worked at the school and always sent lunches with my kids and took one myself--the food was really, really bad (except the bread rolls which they made from scratch every morning.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009