measuring ahead

I went to the dr this am and was told I'm measuring 36.5 weeks when I'm only 32. This is my 4th pregnancy but I have never measured more than a week or so ahead. I'm waiting for the clinic to call me to set up an appt for an ultrasound. Has anyone else measured this far ahead at the end and what did they say or do?

jombmomi

Asked by jombmomi at 1:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes you measure ahead or behind due to the position of the baby.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I measured ahead my whole pregnancy. By the time I was 38 weeks I was measuring 42 weeks. I got the ultrasound, I was leaking water really bad and had low fluids. My BP went up to so I got induced pretty quickly after that.
    Anonymous

• i measured 29 weeks at 25 weeks but towards the end i measured what i was supposed to measure i had my baby 3 weeks early and he was 6 lbs 11 ozs
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I measured ahead with my first. It turned out that I had extra fluid and a small baby. My cousin measured ahead and they told her she was going to have an almost 10 lb baby. Her baby was only around 8 lbs.
    Anonymous

• The thing is I have always measured within a week or how many weeks I was. Now in 1 week I've increased by 5.5 cm and I'm losing weight, just a few lbs. This will be my 5th ultrasound so I'm not sure what to think. I went in b/c I've been having a lot of pelvic pain and cramping.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I "measured" 26 cm at 20 weeks, i don't take the measurements seriously anymore since it didn't mean anything for me. Baby was born at 39 weeks and was of average size. I didn't go in for an ultrasound based on one measurement since it could just be from the baby changing positions.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009