My LO cough

My daughter is getting over a cold. She started sounding congested and then had a fever the next two days. She's over the fever and every thing is draining out now (very runny nose.) :( and she has this horrible cough! It's not the seal sound that I've heard I should really worry about. It just sounds so bad and painful. She's coughing threw her nap right now. :(
Any suggestions on how to help relieve or comfort her? Doctors will tell you not to use suppressants or any thing of that nature. She's a week shy of 10 months.

DirtyMonkey

Asked by DirtyMonkey at 1:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try fresh air, or a humidifier and vicks vapor rub, or steaming up the bathroom and sitting in there with her for a half hour.
    Anonymous

• yeah unfortunately there isnt much you can do...I give my DD menthol baths and rub vicks on her chest to help relieve the congestion. Just make sure it stays loose, you don't want it settling and turning into bronchitis. Take her in the bathroom with you while you shower and make the water really hot and just let her breath the steam. Its rough when theyre sick...MY DD just got over it too. good luck =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If it sounds like a wet cough you want to dry it up so dont use the humidifyer, If I were you mama i would call the doc and demand something to help her. My lo had those issues at that age and there were things they could prescibe to help. He would cough so hard he would vomit because it made his gag reflex so sensitive. If he still says no, try another doctor because thats insane, she could get sicker again and then you'd be right back where you started.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009