Do you think ALL People have tendencies to be liars? Or do you think some people DO NOT lie & others lie all the time?

I don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes I feel like all people are lying & deceitful But then at the same time I know that I myself am not a liar, because I don't see the point of it. If you can't keep your workd to people than you are not worth much in a relationship.

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 1:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I think most people lie occasionally but some people lie all the time and some people never lie. I will lie sometimes if I don't want to upset someone or I don't want to cause drama or something.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 1:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i think everyone lies.. if not a BIG one ALL the time.. a little one from time to time.. or a FIB.. fibs are still lies regardless.
    Audreysmommy123

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think just about anyone can lie.
    I think there are people out there that one day can not go by and they lie.
    I think there are people out there that believe their own lies.
    I think there are tons of people in this world that can look at you and lie.

And I also believe that there are plenty of people out there that are like me.
    They do not lie. Not saying I am an angel, because I am not.
    But I will not lie UNLESS I really have to.

I like putting my head on the pillow at night and really feeling good about it.

People who can lie all the time or lie when they do not need to, I just can not trust.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think everyone has moments when they consider lying. Many people are honest and do not lie. I may not always spill the truth but I do not lie.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 3:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I try not to lie, but sometimes I have to hold back some information to keep a situation happy.You don't need to tell every little detail.But I don't think that is lying.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think everyone is capable of lying. There are some with a conscience and some without (see Sociopath, Psychopath). There are some folks with disorders that compel them to lie. I try to tell the truth bc my mother would have beat us to death if she caught us lying. If we did something wrong then telling the truth was our only punishment. If we lied...OMG! I did the same with my kids and it worked for us. I have 2 grandsons with a disorder that compels them to lie so we just don't ask them many important things!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Some people are definitely a lot more trustworthy and truthful than others.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 8:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• People are expected to be liars. Other people require it of them. And if you can't lie you're supposed to keep your mouth shut. You know the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"? Happily I don't go by that BS. I say exactly what I'm thinking when I'm thinking it.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2009