• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone from Colorado Springs?

We are thinking about moving there and were wondering what the people were like?

Like in Minnesota- I thought in general people were old, rightwing, snobby and uptight. I lived there 4 years and absolutely hated every second.

I would really like to move to a nice place where people are friendly (not Minnesota "nice")

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Travel

• My husband lived there for a time and he describes ColoSrings as" A hotbed of fundamentalism, with a lovely counter culture in the shadows." It the home of Colorado for Family Values. A lot of the people there are super conservative and judgmental.
    We live in Grand Junction and love the people. It is so beautiful here and we have the best weather.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Is Denver any better?
    Anonymous

• I don't know about Denver too much. There is a lot of traffic, my dh's grandma lives in Aurora, which is a suburb of Denver. There seems to be a lot of crime, but maybe that is because living in GJ there is very little crime here. I guess it is a typical capital city.
    If you are looking for larger cities, Ft. Collins has a good reputation. I have visited there, but not lived there.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I love Colorado Springs, but I would say for sure the people there prefer natives. Its a nice city though, very beautiful and has some great rental properties if you are willing to shell out the asking price. I was born there and still have a lot of family there. It is a big city for sure, but I find the people to be friendlier than a lot of cities I have visited.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am originally from "the Springs" and would move back there in a heartbeat. It is a beautiful place to live with tons of things to do if you like the outdoors. For the most part it is a republican and God fearing city, but I wouldn't say they are super judgemental. There are lots of different types of people living there and there is a huge military population which brings in people from all over. As to the previous comment about the people prefering natives, I would say that they don't mind outsiders (because most are) as long as you aren't from California. That it is different story, but I can't imagine any negativity about Minnesota, but I guess that isn't where you are oringinally from....Good luck.
    Anonymous