Crush on the teacher?

My 13 year old DD and her friends have a crush on their Math teacher, who I must admit is a good looking man probably late twenties/ early thirties. Now none of them have acted on this thankfully, but have devised ways to get detentions or to be held after school on days when this teacher is in charge of overseeing the detentions in order to be around him more. It took some prying to get this info from her and her friends.

Well I got a call about a hour ago from her school informing me that she refused to hand in her math homework this morning, and when instructed by the teacher, she told him to "f##k off and leave her alone". She is now in trouble for two things now, and I am fed up with her. How should I handle this, what would you do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, having crushes on teachers is normal. I have some bangin teachers, and I wouldnt mind staying for detention with them. Just warn him, and have him assign them detention on a different day lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would talk to the school principal. Maybe they can switch her to someone else's class.
    Anonymous

• get her moved out of the class & tell the principal whats going on... not meaning to be rude at all!-but try to spend more time with your kid (especially a male figure) seems like that is a bit of a reach for male attentions.. which may turn into more (fulling around/sex) in the near future..
    Good luck! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would take her in to see him and embarass the hell out of her by telling him exactally what is going on. Then maybe she will think twice before she does something like this again. As for the actual language and not turning in the work, she would be grounded from every possible pleasure in her life until further notice.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I WOULD GIVE HER A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN HERSELF TO THE TEACHER AND WHEN SHE LOOK LIKE SHE GETTING READY TO TELL A LIE I WILL BEGIN TO SPEAK ON HER BEHALF SINCE SHE CAN'T GET HER STORY STRAIGHT. OH AND I WILL GO OLD SCHOOL ON HER AND SHE WILL BE ON PUNISHMENT FOR THE WHOLE SUMMER.
    Juschilln

Answer by Juschilln at 7:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009