What is the key?

What is the key to self confindence? I am forever comparing myself to others and saying i wish i had hair like hers, or eyes. If i just looked like this or that? I sometimes just feel like living in a hole because i have such low confindence about myself.

kimmy1963

Asked by kimmy1963 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• YOU GOT TO LOVE YOURSELF FIRST, THE REST COMES EASY.

Answer by older at 2:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The key is to replace those negative thoughts with true, positive thoughts and to do it every day. It takes practice but your old habits must be replaced by new ones. Once you believe in yourself, you won't have the desire to compare. For instance, "I have a soft, sexy voice." "My lips are full and my dh loves to kiss them!" I have a contagious smile." "My hair looks wonderful when it's been styled." As soon as your hear a comparison say to yourself, "STOP" and start the flow of positive statements about yourself. It will catch on.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 3:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If you tell yourself enough in your head you will start to believe it.so stop thinking "I wish I looked like her" and tell yourself "I am Beautiful".In time you will believe it.Anyway, a persons value should not be placed on their beauty.because noone stays 19 forever.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• First, you've got to find out why you have low self esteem and then begin working on the problem to begin seeing yourself for who you are....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would say first and formost, if you have low self esteem you need to talk to someone about it and then once you've discussed that, they will help you adapt and learn to love the things you do have rather then what you don't have. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009