About DD, her weight, and length....please

So, I took my DD to her pedi today.
Looking at pictures of her, she looks like she's chunky (but she's not, only has a chubby face). Well, she's not underweight, but borderline for her length.
She's 6 months old and 15 1/2 pounds and 26 inches long. Is this normal? The way her pedi talked she was really long.
I feed her constantly.
5oz of formula of a morning and oatmeal with yogurt.
2 hours later, she gets a bottle
2 hours after, she eats 2 containers of food (one fruit and one veggie), maybe some juice or 5 oz formula
2 hours after, she gets her formula
2 hours after, 2 containers of food, with either juice or formula.

Pedi said her eating schedule is great, so I don't think I'm not feeding her enough, they want to test her metabolism. Any advice?

Is she to long? Is she just right? I worry all the dang time....

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is 17lbs and 28 1/2 inches long and amost 7 months so your daughter is doing fine dont worry about it every baby is different but it sounds like she is growing just fine...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My ds was 18pounds 2 ounces.. and 27 &3/4 inches at 6 months.... So I would say she is normal... it all just depends how big she was at birth
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 2:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My son was 15lb 7 oz and 27 inches at 6 months and he's fine. He was in the 25th percentile. Now at 9 months he has to be at least 20lb. He gets weighed next week.
    Anonymous

• it has nothing to do with what everyone elses baby is...everyones genetics are different. Im sure your little one is just fine:) doctors will just say that she's long b/c they base it on the percentage of ALL babies...my DD has always been over the 95% for weight and that's fine and my friends babies have always been in the bottom 5%...theyre just long and skinny. that's fine too.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my 1st was 11lb and 28inches at his 6 month check up.. and he ate non stop... now hes a healthy 3 year old weighing ina t 30lbs and 39 inches

my 2nd was 15lb and 25 inches at his 6 month.. all kids are differnet
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• dont let anyone make you feel like your child is not "ok" or "normal" she is just fine hon. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my son is 10 months and 17.8 lbs and 28 inches long..hes small but pedi is not concerned
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• your daughter is doing just fine!

my son was 19 1/2lbs and 28in at 6mos, almost 2wks ago...your daughter seems to be doing great!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My daughter just turned one and is only 17 lbs. Pedi says she is fine, just small so in your case I wouldnt worry.
    MyMikaela

Answer by MyMikaela at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my DD is 6 months old 15 lbs and 28 inches long so no shes fine!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 4:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009