Does human urine stain carpet? *POTTY TRAINING?

Im asking bc im going to try the panties approach with my 2yr old in potty training soon. I wanted to no if I spray it within mins with like clothes stain remover will it still stain my carpet?

MamaOf3Girls09

Asked by MamaOf3Girls09 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think it will, but we only have a few small rugs... we did this approach and didn't do any permanent damage to anything, and I know plenty of moms have done it with wall-to-wall carpet.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My 3 yr old took his pee and dumped it on the carpet. I hurried up and got some carpet cleaner and went to work and it didn't stain at all. My carpet is the color of light caramel.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• uhhh! im right there with ya! we are trying that approach with my son too. so far-we have no stains and we have a khaki colored carpet. if i notice he makes a mess, i spray it with a carpet stain remover immediatly. good luck! i hope it goes better for you than it is for me. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009