Considering trying Athiestic Satanism.

Any ideas or on what I should read to delve further into learning about it so I can know for certain if it will be a good fit or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am an atheistic Satanist. Please join our group, Satanism In Depth, if you'd like to find out more about it! Also, read the Satanic Bible. I have a pdf of it if you want to PM me your email.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Athiestic Satanism, hmmmm. Never heard of that one before and having trouble imagining what it would be or how it would work, but whatever floats your boat...............
    Anonymous

• well satanism in general is atheist as it is not a belief in gods ...it is a belief in ones own personal power and is highly selfish and highly carnal. its about awakening ones own inner beast/power/abilities rather than praying for them or hopiong to become a stronger person.

its very much step on whomever you want to get what you want...you never turn the other cheek you respond. ie someone slaps you, you punch them. its very head strong...think of a dominant, non merciful ceo . its very indulgent and self gratifying. you take what you want..when you want it..how you want it.

im not satanic...but ive studied it for years. and i dont mean the satanic teens who think you kill bunnies. that is bullshti and not real satanism. if your not bullshiting and really interested, read the satanic bible by anton lavey. hell its a good read even if your not satanic. i myself have a wide array of books from many different religions.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• well the Theistic avenue one would worship Satan as if he were an actual deity. LaVey's way of thinking is more atheistic in nature as you don't worship a deity.
    Anonymous

• yes.
    when you go down the route of worshipping satan as a deity..that is the crap you see on tv. but the more widespread version and accepted version of satanism is the anton way. he just pretty much took the religion and put it into widespread publication for those that needd some guidance in that area.

i just think satanism is way too selfish. but to each their own.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• WOW! MOKI you really know your thing...
    but have you really been in a dark CULTO?
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• -OP. I understand how they can be taken as selfish. I might be too giving of a person for it, but worth a try. I agree with a lot of the other views that go with the religion though (can any one really find one that they mesh with 100%?).
    Anonymous

• you do not have to be in a cult to understand a religion. nor would most church's of satan call themself a cult unless they were the deity worshipping ohhh im so dark type of person lol.

i was a self proclaimed satanist wheni was young....but i grew up and realized you gain more from a selfless life than a selfish all about me one. not that your immature if your satanic......some parts of it are very empowering. just not for me.

but if you erally want to know, yes i was a member of the church of satan for some time. but i have no interest in that now. that does not give me peace or happiness eternally..

but anyway i find all religions interesting to study..hindu....muslim....satanism...wiccan ...etc etc....very interesting to see people's views. religion is a very powerful took, unfortunately used for the wrong reaons many times
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Join my group and talk to some real Satanists. Find out what they say and get some of your questions answered by people that won't be so evil (although not all the comments are wrong)

www.CafeMom.com/Group/EndReligiousHate

I would say start with the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. His path is NOT the only path to satanism but is the most popular ones.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Of course Sabrina is pimping her group again.
    Anonymous