sneaking food? piog

My 4 and 2 yr old sneak food in the mornings. they get up super early, and they will sneak food. From loafs of bread, bananas, ice cream CARTONS, bags of chocolate chips, pop tarts, i mean anything they can get ahold of. fruits, veggies, junk.

I do have the child locks on my frige and freezer, but they can get into them. I don't know what else to do??? I don't want to lock them in because then my older one can't get out to use the restroom.

I've left out healthy snacks, but i don't want them to think that its ok to just get food. they go downstairs when i am sleeping really deep and i don't hear them for a while.

Any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• let them know if they are hungry all they have to do is ask& put the junk food up high
    the alarm on there door is a good idea to. Also make sure they get enough to eat before bed.
    I have an open fridge policy & my kids don't feel like they have to sneak food.
    They never eat without me knowing it. let your kids know they don't have to sneak food you just want them to ask so they eat the right kind of food and don't make a mess.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Put an alarm on their bedroom door. It will at least wake you up when they leave their rooms.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• put an alarm on the door. give them consistent discipline for it, make sure they know it is wrong. my daughter had a 6-7 month stage where she did that. she learned to ask for food and i would give it.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2009