HOW SOON...

i have lost bits and pieces of my mucus plug since saturday and inm only 34 weeks and 1 day and last night i had some spotting but it was very little...how long before labor do you lose the plug...and im not sure if i should call the dr or not seeing how there wasnt that much spotting and the baby is moving just fine and i havent lost all of the plug yet...what should i do

Love_My_Lil_One

Asked by Love_My_Lil_One at 2:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think to be on the safe side u should call the doctor... u wnna make sure ur okay and ur unborn is to anything that worries u or oncern ur baby u should check on it immediatly
    joycelyn1baby

Answer by joycelyn1baby at 2:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You can loose your plug a month before you go into labor. The only thing it means is that your starting to dialate slowly. If your not spotting anymore then i wouldnt call. If it starts up agian then i would call just to make sure that everything is ok. Not to much longer! Congrats your almost done!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• shelii took the words right out of my mouth its just dialation but if your get concractions 5 mins apart or to painful to talk through call your dr or go right in as of right now sit back and relax while you can good luck and congrats
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• you can lose your plug way before you go into labor...you can even lose it more then once because sometimes it grows back. I wouldnt assume your going into labor anytime soon because you lost your plug. If its just spotting I wouldnt worry about it,if it becomes heavier bleeding then talk to your doctor
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• With my first I lost my plug at 37 weeks and had my son by scheduled C-section at 39 weeks. My second, I lost my plug at 39 weeks 5 days and had my daughter 2 days later. It doesn't necessarily mean labor is imminent, and losing the plug is not a reason in itself to call the doctor. Definitely call if you have more than minor spotting, or if you seem to be leaking fluid, or if you start having cramps or contractions, but if none of those are the case, I wouldn't worry about it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• lol- i wish i would have read this before putting my post- im going through the same thing i just lost some of mine in the shower and im trying to find out about it too- i called my doc but hes not in today and the nurse told me to go to the hospital but i dont think she knows wut shes talking about
    Anonymous

• i think that you should go to the doctor thats really important
    bisveti5

Answer by bisveti5 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009