Naps

When do your kids take a nap? how do you get them to take a nice nap? my 1 and ahalf year old doesnt really like naps and iv heard of people who have kids who take naps at a certain time each day. and how do i get her to sleep all night? she sleeps all night but crys for a bottles and we give it to her and she keeps sleeping.

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 2:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter moved to only one nap a day around 11-12 months, which is earlier than average, but by 18 months most kids have mad the switch. At first this nap happened around 11:30 and she went to bed at night around 7 or 7:30... It slowly moved later in the day and now she's just turned 2 and she naps at around 1:30 and it last 1.5-3 hours (though rarely 3). Her bedtime is 8:30 but she doesn't usually fall asleep until 9, and she sleeps till 6:30 or 7 (she has always been an early riser!) With all the teeth she likely has at a year and a half, I would try to kick the bottle at night habit... it can cause serious tooth decay unless you're willing to brush her teeth after. But I think establishing a good routine and shooting for a somewhat predictable schedule should help her sleep better.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Sorry, I don't know if my response was clear... at the end I'm talking about your daughter, not mine!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My son has slept through the night since he was 5-6 weeks old so I can't help you there. My son is 2 1/2 now and takes a nap around 12:30 for 2 hours. Some days its earlier and other days its later! He's always been a good sleeper and he does much better with a consistant sleep schedule. Consistency is the key- put her down at the same time every day for a nap and every night for bed. Eventually she will get used to it and you never know maybe she will start sleeping through the night!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• lol yea it was clear but my question was HOW do i get her off the bottle in the night or at all sorry i was the one that didnt explain that part of the question. iv been wanting to get her off the bottle but to be honest iv been too lazy, and i start to give her in a cup but then i just end up giving it in a bottle to avoid a messs or get her to tak a nap
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 2:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You can try offering her a bottle -- or even cup -- of water in the night. If she doesn't want it, there's no other option. She may cry a few nights, or even take the water... but most likely, she'll stop wanting to wake up for a bottle of water. I didn't have to do this... but I have a friend who did.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My little started taking one nap a day at around 1.5 she is now 2 will be three in Nov. But, will normally nap with no trouble at all from 12-3 everyday. And, then be in bed and asleep by 9-9:30pm..and she will sleep until 8 sometimes even 9am.
    It is all about routine. and comeing up with one that works for your family. And I would diff cut that night time bottle out. try giving her a little bit more to drink before bed. It will hold her over a lot longer. But, she dosent need anymore night time bottles. The only way to get her to sleep through the night, is cut the night time bottle
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think at that age she should only be taking one nap or else she might not sleep as well at night. I put my son down for a nap every day at 1 give or take 30min. and then sometimes he will sleep between and hr and a half to three hrs. It just depends on how he feel that day. My son has never been one to sleep through the night but for a few months when he had just turned two we got a break and he was sleeping all through then night. But now hes waking up wining and is also being very fussy on some days and also is wanting milk in the middle of the night again. Im starting to feel like I have a newborn again which is scarry cause were trying for baby # 2 and I can have both of them waking up all hrs of the night lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have a 3yr an an almost 2yr. Some days they take naps some times they do. If you're little one doesn't takes naps that's okay. My kids share a room, so they both go to there rooms for "Naps" I don't have a door on there room but I use a baby gate because there little runners. Sometimes quite time is just as good as naps. So as long as your little is having quite time its just as good as naps. Hope that made since.
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 11:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009