who had a baby?.......

at 18? whos husband was in the military and had this first child young at their first duty station? im not pregnant but i want to have kids a year or so after our first duty station. he hasnt went to Basic Training yet. he takes his ASVAB June 11th which is the day AFTER our wedding lol. that will determine what type of job he will have and how long he will be in Technical school. so a year or so we will be at our first duty station! what do you think about having kids young? im 18 will be 19 in october he wont be here to celebrate but i want to be at least 20 and have a good paying job and save up money first. that too young? should wait longer?

NewLady1

Asked by NewLady1 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Umm, why are you on cafemom? You're not pregnant, not trying to conceive, and you don't have kids or step-kids...
    Anonymous

• I don't think it matters how old you are if you have your crap together...there are some people who are "older" and suck at being a parent.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i was 19 when i got preg and didnt have my crap togehter.. now at 23 with 2 kids im happy as can be i always wanted to have kids young and be able to enjoy life later!

and im betting shes on CM tog et opinions from moms.. stop being a b!tch!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I had our first child when i was 19 at Ft Leonard Wood while DH was deployed.
    Kenzismommy09

Answer by Kenzismommy09 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• thanks guys. im tired of ladies being rude.. umm im up here bc its a nice site to ask about opinions from already mothers. obv u arent too mature hun!
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm a mix of your question, but not for the same children! Make sense? I was 17 when I had my first child. We got married after we found out I was pregnant. Then a few years later we thankfully got divorced. I got remarried Aug 07 and got pregnant during R&R (May 08) and the twins were born Jan 09. This is DH first state side duty station. I think you have a plan of wanting to wait until you have a job. I would also wait until he gets out of basic like you said and you guys get settled. It sucks to get pregnant and then move and stuff and try to get settled when you're worn out and your body is going through so much.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009