What to do about craddlecap?

My baby has craddle cap! How do I get rid of it?

calliesmama09

Asked by calliesmama09 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ha! same name as my DD!!! best name every =) anyway, they make a cradle cap wash and a little bath brush that you can buy at Target it's by disney..Ive never had to use it but Ive seen it there...just keep her head washed and dry too.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Ok your going to think this is stupid but what is cradlecap? Im pregnant with my first so i dont know what this is....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It's dry scalp on a baby. You can just apply some vegetable oil or olive oil right before the bath, let it soak in, and then gently brush it out with a soft toothbrush. (Make sure to shampoo after). If you do this every few days you should be able to keep even a bad case (like my second daughter's) under control without spending any money!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• no such thing as a stupid question :o) cradle cap is when the scalp dries out and they have this wicked dandruff like stuff. It is very common.My 7 week old is just getting it now(sigh) what I use is aveeno baby oatmeal lotion(can be used for eczema as well) and my bff used plain petroleum jelly and it went away.be sure to not wash babies hair too much because its drying and johnsons baby wash is really drying. I would buy aveeno, or the generic. jsut put the lotion or the jelly on a few times a day.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I used olive oil and a soft nail brush. Drizzle a little of the oil on his scalp, wait a few minutes to let the oil soften the dry skin and brush and brush. After a few treatments, no dry scalp. You may want to line his crib with a disposable liner....
    Dorris1203

Answer by Dorris1203 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my daughter had a horrible case of it and her doc told me to rub baby oil in really good and use a newborn baby brush or a very soft tooth brush and work at the spots to loosen them up ( dont use to much baby oil like i did the first time she had nasty hair for a week) and then wash out the baby oil with a tiny bit of dandruff shampoo every other day and and it was gone with in a week
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 3:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My son had it && I just made sure to rub baby oil in his hair && comb it after every bath.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• pick at it and get it off, once it is off their hair will grow better. Just pick at some dont make the baby's head real red because it will get sore, but if you just do it a little each day it will soon be gone and use some lotion too.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Original Sprout Baby Shampoo

I read about this product in a magazine during my pregnancy and wrote it down for future reference. Our son just so happened to get a bout of cradle cap once and it was gone within a couple of days with this shampoo.

tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009