when you started to feed your child cereal did you do it only in the morning or in the morning and at dinner?

Ive been told both ways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started with on meal a day, and didn't do another solids meal until later when I introduced fruits and veggies. My daughter didn't really care about food till she could do finger foods (cheerios, etc) at 7 months, though... she gets her cereal from unsweetened cereal, not baby cereals.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I always started new foods in the morning, that way I'd have the whole day if they happened to have an allergice reaction or something to get them down to the doctor. Paranoid? Maybe =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We did it for each meal or breakfast and dinner.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I started for breakfast, like an hour after his 1st bottle then within 2 weeks we were up to 3 meals a day as my son was incredibly greedy!! lol x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Morning works better in many ways...if baby has a bad reaction it's easier to reach and get to the doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with gramsmom about the allergic reaction thing.

We introduced new foods on the weekend since we worked. When our son started solids, we gave him homemade rice cereal first, then just paid close to attention to him to make sure he didn't have a reaction to it. Then, at lunch, we gave him something different and again, paid very close to attention to him.
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009