my 9 yr old is having trouble sleeping.

We have a good night ritual that we do every night. it starts with her winding down after dinner which is usually around 6. Then at 815 she cleans up and gets ready for bed, 830 is bedtime where we read until 845. Lately she won't fall asleep until well after 10. any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think that is a little early.I'd up it an hour and see if that is better.But melatonin works pretty good,
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Listening Library has audio cassettes for kids books on tape. She can listen to a story, but doesn't need to have her eyes open to read.... There is a link on this page  http://www.cjkidz.com/Books.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• she may need to be more active during the day. My son does this from time to time but on days that he goes swimming he is more then ready for bed by 9pm
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• maybe try getting her up earlier during the day and after school or something take her outside to run around. my son was like that he has all sorts of energy and i just started playing baseball with him after school and letting him run with our dog outside and then after dinner he takes a shower we read and he lays in bed for about an hour then falls asleep around 9:30.
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009