i have an incompetent cervix...i lost 2 babys and idk wat to do help...i want to be a mom..

marichuy

Asked by marichuy at 2:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I feel for you-I had two late miscarriages-one at 14 weeks and the other at 17 weeks. Doctor said I couldn't carry because of incompetent cervix. I know it sucks especially when you are ready for motherhood. I went to a holistic guy who told me my progesterone was low. I took that info to my doctor and she started me Prometrium and later on progesterone shots. I also had a cerclage (stich in cervix) to sustain.
    You may need to see a specailist, but with all I went through, I would TOTALLY do it again to get my beautiful boy.
    Best of luck to you.
    Dorris1203

Answer by Dorris1203 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I understand the pain your going through. The loss of a child is something that isn't describable to anyone that hasn't been through it.

What you NEED to do in order to successfully carry a baby (I've done a TON of research on this and talk to several doctors including fertility specialist) is chart your BBT, CM and CP. You can learn how to do these things in the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

AS SOON AS YOU see you BBT remain high past your normal luteal phase, even 1 day past, take an HPT. If it comes back negetive than go to the doctor ASAP for a blood test because once you past you typical luteal phase chances are good that you ARE pregnant.

AS SOON AS your pregnancy is confirmed make an appointment to get your cervix sown shut.

Most doctor's want to wait until your 12 weeks to do this. DEMAND that they do it sooner since you have a history of miscarriages from this.
    Anonymous

• You can carry a baby you just have to have your cervix checked every two wks by dr and you have to have a cerclage placed in early. I lost a baby at 20 wks due to incompetent cervix then went on two yrs later to have a healthy baby girl who is now three and we are preggo again. They wasn't sure what was wrong and why i had lost the first one but they monitor me the second time and between 19 and 20 wks i started funneling so they sent me to another dr who placed a cerclage in my cervix and i'll have to have it done again this time but this time they will put the cerclage in around 14 to 16 wks to make sure they get it in higher this time because i kept going into labor with the last cerclage because it was placed late and i didn't have much cervix left for the dr to work with. Anything is possible don't give up. I know a women who lost 5 before they knew she had incompetent cervix and she went on the carry 4 babieswithcerclage
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• if your dr isn't doing anything to keep you from losing the baby's then you may want to switch sr because by the second lost they could know really in my opinon after the first they should have taken into consideration that that might be what was wrong and been monitoring you the second time around because it could have been prevented if they would stop and look at the signs. I changed dr after that happened with my first because I didn't feel right with my first before i lost her and i called the dr and she was suppose to see me but sent the nurse in instead and she didn't know what she was doing and sent me home saying i had uti and the next day i woke up in labor and the membranes was already coming thru my cervix and at that point that couldn't do anything but if she would have seen me like she was suppose to the day before that might not of happened. I don't blame her but i feel like it could have been prevented.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have too . My cervix started to open at 20 week of pregnancy. Was in bed rest for a week then went to hospital were doctor but the cerclage(they will stitch your cervix0.Had my boy at 38 week of pregnancy.

Anonymous