I just want to know if there are others like mine???

I have a 3 yr old getting ready to turn 4 DS. He will hit anything!!! he takes cars and then something heavier and hits the cars or outside he will take his lil brother's pop toy and pick it up over his head and hit as hard as he can(with a grin on his face) the swingset. I am just wanting someone to tell me he will either grow out of it..or it is normal... PLZ help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well i cant tell you that he will grow out of it or that it is normal but i can tell you that my 3 year old is the same way he is just flat out mean and hateful. i am going to keep checking up on your question to see if any one has some helpful advice but you are not alone :(
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 3:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Boys do this to a certain extent. Just keep telling him not to hit with his toys or he'll break them, hopefully when he breaks something he really likes he'll stop, or at least think more about it....lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would be concerned if he shows no empathy. Have you tried talking to him when he's not doing this behavior? During a calm time, ask how he would feel if someone hit his toys. Or ask him how it makes him feel.

I have a boy that likes to hit so I'm also worried about this. Good luck and I do think it's normal.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My boy does this too. I also wonder if it's normal. I think it may be about a lack of impulse control.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 6:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• boys... girls it doesnt matter i think 3 is the mean age....my dd was the same way. i told her if she couldnt be nice to her toys then i would take them away intill she desided she can be a human and not a monster. i had to do it a few times but it got the point across
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009