NEED TO KNOW!! Very important!!

Hi there, my fiance has recently been ordered to pay child support for his daughter from his previous relationship..we finally were able to establish paternity, and she is his! Just wondering before the next court appearance, how much will he be ordered to pay...right now it say's 350.00 for one child, however that's not taking into consideration that he support's me and my son 100% I'm not working I stay home with our baby. Also he's on Gov assist..a work assist program, because work is slow, it's something set up for business's in Canada. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has a hubby that supports a child from another relationship, and IF the Judge (justice of the peace in Can.) takes into consideration that he alrd has 2 people he fully supports and he's on Gov work assist program. Anyone know if they take anything into consideration, or do they just say "nope you pay full amount no matter what".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call a family attorney and ask them. I believe the first call is free. Good luck!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 3:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• just wanted to add...we have no problem paying for this child at all, so no bashing...this is meant to ease my mind, due to the fact that we will be totally broke and struggling due to the payment if there is no lesser amount ordered due to his work situation, and I have our baby to take care of, and I want to be able to stay home with him, until he's 1 at least.
    Anonymous

• In IL they go by your income and then you pay 40% of that. and no dear they do not take anything into account except what he brings in. So even tho he is supporting a new family, he still will be responsible for her to the full extent. Not sure if that is a federal thing or by state but do know that each state is the same as far as what else he is paying, doesnt matter, because the child didnt have a choice what doad wanted to spend his money on, kwim?good luck :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It will be set by his income, they will look at what the mother makes and what he makes and he will be ordered to pay a certain percentage. He should have all of his paper work with him when he goes to show them that work is slow etc. and that may have an effect on what he's ordered to pay for now. Also if they are on good terms they can come to an agreement beforehand and let the judge know when they get in there what the amount they agreed on is.
    Anonymous

• I wrote above, we have no problem paying, other then the fact that we'd be totally broke and it will cause us to not have enough money for bills and our baby's needs..that IS WHY I hope that in Canada it's diff then America.
    Anonymous

• in most states they do not take the new family in consideration.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• if this child was born before your child they can take up to 55% of his income, and they do not take into conderiation new children first born is always first
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Just from my experience, here in KY, they will not take into account any younger kids, the first kids come first.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• in MS the most they can take for 2 children or more is 14% for one it is only 11% unless you owe back child support, then they can take 14% until you are caught up.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Hi everyone did some research..here in Ontario (Canada) there's a chart that determines the set amount you pay, per child...you just look at the persons income for the year, then in the chart you go over to 1 child, and it say's the amount. I can't believe how diff it is in America...wow! And it states in the chart, if there's dependents and any kind of Gov support that the parent is paying etc..it's all taken into consideration. This is a relief...I understand the mother should have some money to help with the child..and I understand my fiance should give money in support of his child..but when it takes away from another child...the Gov SHOULD take that into consideration 100% !!! Thanks everyone for your feed back.
    Anonymous