sleeping on your tummy

lol this is my frist baby and i have so much ?'s how far along where you when you could sleep on your tummy no more i'm 17 weeks i still sleep on my tummy is it bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think as long as you are comfortable you should be ok. I think it's after about 20 weeks that you are not supposed to sleep on your back.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm in the same boat, only I'm now 28 weeks along. I try to prop my top leg up on two pillows while hugging two other pillows when I'm on my side. I always end up kind of half and half on my tummy and side though. In my opinion, your little one is surrounded by fluid for cushion so it shouldn't hurt him or her. It's your comfort that it'll effect more than theirs I'm thinkin'.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 3:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You can sleep on your tummy as long as it's comfortable, it won't hurt the baby. After 16 weeks, you shouldn't sleep on your back because the weight of the uterus can compress an artery that takes blood back to your heart from your lower body (including the baby). But tummy's fine until either your stomach gets in the way or your boobs hurt too much, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I was still sleeping on my tummy till i was about 23 wks and the only reason i stoped was because it started to feel like i was laying on a football. As long as your comfortable then your fine. But when you get bigger its going to be hard to find a way to sleep. Im 34 wks now with my first and im having a hell of a time sleeping i wish i could just lay on my tummy agian its the only way i can actually get some sleep. But congrats on your first!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• im just over 24 weeks and i still can sleep pretty comfortably on my tummy. as long as it doesnt ,make it too uncomfy for you its okay. unless your doc specifically tells you otherwise. its mainly important to stay off your back after so long. but if it dont hurt and you can do it. good for you. like i said... i do it. i just use pillows... good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jun. 4, 2009