Does your teen sleep all day?

Now that school is out. My 15 yr old seems to want to stay up all night and sleep all day. I dont want his schedule messed up. How do I get a 6 ft 175 lb boy out of bed? What would you do. Do you have the same problem?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 3:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• does he have chores????
    how about rolling him out of the bed and tell him to get up??
    Anonymous

• He does have chores but I can not move him, he gets grumpy and I even shut the internet and everything off at 11 so tonight it will be earlier but.....
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Mine stays up kinda late, but, he was up at 8:30 this morning. He refuses to sleep in and miss anything. He would rather be outside with his friends than sleeping inside. he is 13.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My 14 yo is usually up at the crack of dawn...UGH! And, it not quiet about it all. She's like her Daddy....he has always made comments from the time she was little about burning daylight! I like to have my extra half hour..and, will go thru any length to get it...lol

I don't know Mama....have you tried to have a sit down with him?
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 3:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• **is** typos all over this place today--oops
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 3:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My son would sleep till 1:00p.m. or 2:00p.m. that is if he goes to bed at 300a.m. but that is only on weekends. I was told that it is normal for tweens and teens to sleep all day.
    fabulousmom1

Answer by fabulousmom1 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Mine will crash sometimes. Sleep all day. But not always. Maybe get him into some kind of volunteer work, or see if he can get a part-time job for the summer. I think, for the most part, its kinda normal for them to sleep late. Last year she'd sleep until about 11 or noon.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Leave him alone, he will learn his lesson when next school year starts.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Is this all that he is planning to do for the next 3 months? It sounds like a recipe for disaster. He can mow lawns, call the Red Cross and become a certified babysitter or get his junior lifeguard certificate and do something productive. He can probably take classes at a junior college that will count for both high school and college credit.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009