picking up baby

so he is getting a little bad about being picked up. he is 7 months old in ten days. at what age did you stop picking up at every little whimper?? how lo0ng did you start out letting them fuss?

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if I know baby is truly ok (not wet/dirty hungry cold hot tired) then I will let them fuss until the fussing turns into a real cry. My son is 2 mons and he lets out some hammy cries.
    Anonymous

• I think at 7 mo. it is ok to let him fuss for a little bit as long as you know that he doesnt need anyhthing and that he is doing it to get picked up....A lot of times what i will do with my 6mo. old is just talk to him or get down on the floor with him and give him some toys to play with....This kinda lets him know that he doesnt have to be held 24/7
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I stop picking them up at every little whimper when they are too heavy for me to pick up. I know you feel constantly attached, but the faster you respond to them now, the more independent they will be next year, & the year after.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I never pick up my daughter right when she wimpers or starts fussing. I let her fuss for a bit and see what she wants after a bit.
    mommy-17

Answer by mommy-17 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009