• In the Spotlight:

BATS IN MY WALL!!!! What can I do?!?!

I had the same problem last summer! I have an enclosed porch, and bats are getting inside the wall and living there! I can hear them squeaking, and they stink like hell!!! I don't want to kill them, just get them OUT of there!!! I tried loud noise and lights, but they would quiet down, then come back after a day or so. HELP!!!! I want my porch back!!!!

Jerbear_1974

Asked by Jerbear_1974 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You might try putting up a bat house outside for them. Other than that, I agree - call animal control. While bats are very helpful for insect control, they can carry rabies. Once they move out of your house, be sure to locate and block up any holes they were using.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• you are probaly going to have to call animal control and have them remove the bats....My sister has had 2 bats at 2 different times enter her house and she had to call animal control both times to get them out......I know that it sux but the is probally going to be your only solution.....Good luck
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I posted this in a group too, and got a reply about bat houses! I never heard of them. How does it work, and what makes the bats go in it? I would love it if I got one, and they actually WENT into it!
    Jerbear_1974

Answer by Jerbear_1974 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Here's some info...
    You can buy premade bat houses or make one yourself.
    http://www.batconservation.org/content/Bathouseimportance.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009