My hands and feet swell up in the summer time!

This has only happened to me before when i was on vacation in Florida. But now, its happenning to me at home, and its not even summer yet! My fingers swell up, where i cant remove my rings and my feet swell up where i cant fit some sandals. What could be causing this?

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• Most likely it is water retention, the same as the previous poster stated. Also, the further south you go, for what ever the reason, the body recognizes it, has a tendency to swell. Be sure to drink your required amount every day. Females have the worst time holding water, which adds bloat to the middle, as well as the extremities. Drinking more water makes the body realize that it doesn't have to store it. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't know, but if you find out, let me know, mine do the same thing.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• this could be a symptom to a circulatory problem. or it could be bc the summer we use or energy and on our feet more often. You are more active in the summer months and your heart rate tends to be more rapid, more often during the warm weather. Your heart pumps more when you are active and if you have a heart problem or circulatory problem, then your feet and ankles may swell more go to doctor!
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Water retention? When I sit for long periods of time, I seem to retain more water than usual.I would really check with a doctor first, but I use Diurex (sp) to help with water weight gain.
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant I would have this problem. It was horrible for my 1st pregnancy and then my sis recommended I take magnesium with the 2nd pregnancy and I didn't have a bit of problem so maybe give that a try.
    Bridger

Answer by Bridger at 8:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2009