hardwood floors vs, carpet

I am thinking about going back to hard wood floors in the living and dinning room. So is it easier to take care of carpet or hardwood floors.I hate having carpet in two most lived in rooms of the house.

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 3:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• easier = hardwood floors (imo)

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I too think hardwood floors are easier, and IMO, cleaner. I have carpet in my living room and dining room and I hate it, sometimes I think about all the germs in there and it grosses me out! LOL I am waiting to get hardwood too.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i have hardwood floors under the carpet. I am trying to talk my hubby in to letting me rip out the carpet
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 3:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• When I moved into our house it was carpeted so we had it replaced. With in 2 years the carpet got so dirty we ripped it out and went to the bare hardwood. So much easier to keep clean! And easier on our allergies! Although I do have an area rug in our living room because baby needed some extra padding as she is learning how to walk.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i have both and carpet needs to be replaced every few years (wear and tear ) but sometimes cleaning the wood fllors isent fun but that cause im tired. i end up throwing on some mop and glow and they look so clean and shiney. and it smells good.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Hardwood is certainly easier to keep clean. Carpet does muffle noise, though. We removed carpeting from our hallways, and the noise carries a lot more than it used to.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have hard wood in the living room and kitchen and carpet in the bedrooms and hall and the carpets do get dirty easy the only complaint I have about hardwood floors is when the kids come in from outside and get sand all over the floor - have to sweep it all the time.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• well that depends. its easier to clean but you clean it more. and if you have kids, go for laminate because real hard wood is extrememly easy to scratch.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i hate hate hate HATE wood floors. constantly dusty & dirty.... it's a never ending battle.

I prefer carpet.
    Laura4807

Answer by Laura4807 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I love my hardwood floors. Yes, you do have to clean them more often, but I always feel like they are actually clean when I am done. And a nice cloth covered dusting broom makes cleaning quick and easy. If I have a choice, I will never go back to carpet.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 3:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2009