Dont know where to post this....but i need help

My DH has to get an MRI done today and he is scared. I dont know how to comfort him about it to make him feel better because im scared also and i dont want him to know. Just a background hes getting this done because they are looking for a tumor in his brain. If they find it like they think they will then they said he has cancer. Hes only 22. Im not only scared becasue the tumor/cancer thing but because i just lost a family member to brain cancer 7 months ago and a few months before that my grandpa passed from it aswell. How do i make my DH feel better and not so scared when im almost in tears any time i even think about it. What can i do?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 3:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wow im so sorry your going through that..i know how you feel...cuz my man is goin through that too and i have no idea what to do! he's 34. and im 23. and i have to try and stay strong so he doesn't freak out...he didnt wanna be with me anymore (we're jus boyfriend and girlfriend not married yet) cuz he didn't want me to see him go through that but i told him i love him and will take care of him and it will be ok. but honestly i have no idea what to do or how to take care of him and everytime he's not looking or when he's not around i cry...i cry my heart out..he's the best thing thats ever happened to me besides my daughter of course! so i feel ya hun and i dont have any advice but ill be praying for you and your husband
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• All I can say is I'll be praying for you and your hubby.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't think there is any thing wrong with being scared together. Just hug and comfort him the best you can. I would understand if I was sick and my SO was crying with me. Big hugs and I am hoping for the best.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Just look him in the eye and say I love you and everything will be o.k. we will get thru this no matter what. I know how hard it can be sometimes to be strong when your scared too. But in all honesty he prob. needs you to be strong. Just look at it like when you had a child he was prob. scared but kept his cool now its your turn. Good luck!
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Wow! just Wow! I wish I could make this better for you. I think if I were in this situation I would just take this one breath at a time, it is all you can really do. I would tell him you are staying positive and waiting to borrow trouble. I know things seem grim but just because others in your family have passed from this doesn't mean he will too. You are getting him good medical care and all you can do is keep that up and do what the professionals tell you to. If you are a woman of faith then I would hit my knees and pray too! Right now being his mother and being there for him every step of the way is the best. You where there when he was born and he needs to know you will be with him always no matter what! Good luck to both of you. Please keep us posted on how he is dong.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Try find a way to make it funny. That helps ease tension and worry to laugh instead of cry. I'd mention something to the effect, they are going to be sticking him in a "microwave" to see if they can his head will "explode" tumor or not. My husband would get a kick out of that if we were in a similar predicament.

I am sure every thing will go well!
    Anonymous

• Take one thing at a time. Do your best to concentrate first on the MRI, which isn't that bad. My son had many of them from the age of 1-3. He did well. It's easier said then done, but try to not think so much about what they could find, because they may fine nothing.
    There is no real answer to this. Other then take one thing at a time. Really. I hope things end up going well though. It's not easy. I'm sorry for your losses, and for you and your husband having to go through all this.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Pray and just let him know whatever happens you'll be there!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• accept and admit that you and he are afraid. this means you are not stupid and is a good thing. then take his hand, look deep into his eyes and say "what will come will come and we'll deal with it when it does." and mean it. its not about being unafriad. its about what you do despite the fear.
    god bless. and i'm praying for you.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 9:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2009