How old were you when you started shaving your legs?

My husband's friend brought his 8 year old daughter over this past weekend. The kids were going to go out back and play in the pool so I was putting sunblock on them and I couldn't help but notice how much hair this little girl has on her legs. I started shaving my legs when I was about 11 but I don't remember ever being that "hairy" and my hair is very dark! ( she is blonde by the way ) If my daughters legs were that hairy ( and she was self-conscious about it ) I would seriously consider letting her start shaving at that girls age!

I was just curious how old you were when you started shaving your legs?

YorkEricaL

Asked by YorkEricaL at 3:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was 10...PROPERLY though, 12...my mom didn't live with us so i had to try to learn myself...lot of trial and error, but i am a pro now lol
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• 10 I was hairy and self concous but my mom wouldn't let me shave till I begged her
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Umm whenever my stepmom told me my leg hair was getting darker and she showed me how to do it. I think I was 12ish?
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 3:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• 16 because I was starting to have sex with my first love and I wanted my legs to be smooth. Before than I didn't give a crap.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 3:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think like 12, but I'm naturally blond so it wasn't that visible
    Anonymous

• I was about 10 or 11. I am Latina and have dark coarse hair, but so did all my cousins. It was a joke, and not a cruel one. We were all hairy, I only started shaving because I was becoming a little more feminine. My daughter is 8 and hairy, and so are all her cousins...she asked about her "hairiness" and I told her she has to wait until she's older, she's fine with it. It helps that she has cousins that are like her.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 4:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think shaving is a crock of shit. The only reason women shave is because a razor company some years ago started advertizing t women. I hate shaving its so annoying, and its very uncomfortable. I take a layer of skin off every time I shave, so I cant do it that much. I started around 12/13 because of the society.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 4:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i think i was 13..i did once when i was 11..but then i didnt again til i was 13..maybe 12..i dunno..lol....
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• 10-I was a hairy little kid!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I started shaving my legs when I was 8 or 9. I had very hairy legs and begged my mom. She taught me. Now my armpits are a whole different story. I didn't even KNOW you were suppose to shave them until I was in junior high and one of the girls told me to shave my arm pits. I asked my mom about it and she had assumed I knew you had to do that. Anyway, sorry to make this so long.
    Mom2GabeAndHope

Answer by Mom2GabeAndHope at 8:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009